Tuesday, 29 December 2009

My reason to smile today

Tonight I met a friend for dinner and I had Maizie with me. We were seated beside an elder couple. Maizie woke up shortly after we were seated and sat on the table smiling and looking around before she wanted to be fed. Once she was done I sat her on my lap and I ate my dinner. As the elder couple were leaving the restaurant the lady stopped by our table. She asked what my childs name was and then said "Well Maizie, I turned 72 today and you are just starting your life. Here is something for your future." and she gave me $2 and told me I had to put it towards her education. Well Ma'am, Happy Birthday! and I can assure you that money will go towards my daughters education and I will repay your thoughtfulness as well. I know that my baby made you smile today but you made me smile as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another random act of kindness. It never ceases to amaze me