
Maizie loves this lion. If she is awake while we are eating then she is in this chair. She talks, smiles, giggles and bats at the lion. I took this picture this morning after breakfast... Looks like the lion wore her out.

As Maizie is getting bigger I am allowing Sofia to hold her with a bit more independance. This is the latest position that we've found works.

The thing I've enjoyed most about Sofia not being in daycare anymore is Pajama Time! Most days our goal is just to get out to a park for a dogwalk and play time so we can take our time getting ready.

This picture is for Uncle Ben. Moka House in Cook St. Village. Sofia and I went for coffee last week after an appointment that we had downtown. Sofia said to me "It's nice Mumma. I like watching the cars" Sofia loves to go for coffee and we've been checking out different coffee shops around town.

11 weeks old and Maizie has started grabbing her toys. For the last few weeks she's been batting at them but in the last couple of days her hand has been opening up and her fingers closing around them. She is a marvel to us. (Especially since we haven't done any reading on infant development so we have no idea when to expect new things from her.) She has good head control and likes to "stand up". If she is standing she likes to bend and extend her legs. We can't wait to put her in the jolly jumper! She is going to be a jumping machine. She is very vocal and has many sounds. I've been playing a game with her where I repeat her sound and she smiles and giggles in response. I like to mimic her facial movements too, again she responds with smiles and giggles so it must be a good game. A couple of times she's copied me (but that's probably just a coincidence).
After 2 weeks of having both girls home with me I am more in love with them than ever. Sofia and I have had some power struggles but I am sure to never enter in to a battle with her that I can't win. I try my best to set her up for success, it's a bit exhausting always trying to be a step ahead but I find it a really effective way to parent her. We are sorting ourselves out quickly and falling into a very pleasant routine.
1 comment:
So happy for you that you're loving your time with your girls :)
Post a Comment