Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Last night deserves mention

Sofia has always needed someone in the room with her while she falls asleep. For a while Grant and I tried different things to get her to be able to fall asleep on her own but we eventually gave up. We hoped that as Sofia got older she'd learn to put herself to sleep. Sofias favourite phrase is "I do it by-self" we must hear this a hundred times a day. Last night I used her words against her ... and it WORKED! Sofia woke up at 430 in the morning and came in to wake me up. I got her back into bed and snuggled with her for a few minutes. I asked her if she wanted to go to sleep by herself and she said yes. We discussed it a bit more and then I went and crawled back into my bed. I had no expectations however the next time I looked at the clock it was 610!

I don't have any huge expectations and don't plan on forcing the issue. However if Sofia can learn to get herself back to sleep during the night that would be incredible! Especially with the baby coming in a few weeks.

Way to go Sofia! You made Mummy very happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys are amazing and your tips/techiques inspire me all the time! I credit Calla's interest in the potty to her seeing Sofia do her thing. Thanks a million! btw, can Sofia tell Calla not to put the potty on her head next time you guys are over? ;-)

E