Sunday, 16 August 2009

35 weeks ~ 35 days left to go!

WOW! I can't believe that there is only 5 weeks left. My friend across the road had a baby boy last weekend and after cuddling with Liam I am ready to meet our baby. Although I am still enjoying the ease and portability of having it inutero.

I'm starting to find that my mind is more willing than my body. Bending over is getting tricky and depending on how the baby is positioned there are certain movements that are impossible. I'm sleeping alright most nights, rolling over has been hard for the last 3 months and it's not getting any better. Luckily I've adapted and only seem to need to change positions once a night.

Last Friday was my last day of work, I am on vacation for the next 4.5 weeks then my mat leave will start. The plan is that I will take all 50 weeks. It was hard to leave work, I like having a 'job'. It's nice to leave the house for a few hours and do my own thing. I will admit that there wasn't an hour that passed while I was at the hospital that I didn't think or talk about Sofia. It was very hard for me to allow someone else to care for her. However, after seeing how Sofia blossomed in the last 5.5 months in daycare it was the right decision and it will be very hard to tell her that it's her last day. Grant & I have made the decision to keep Sofia in daycare until the end of November. I am having some anxiety over learning to mother a newborn while having an active 2 year old to care for as well. Having Sofia go to daycare will give me a chance to heal from the birth and gain my confidence as a mother of 2.

1 comment:

Proudmama said...

You'll do great. I hope that the next 5 weeks are as comfortable and as fun as possible! :)

Courtney