Tuesday, 28 July 2009

How lucky am I?

How beautiful is my family? These two crack me up constantly. I am the luckiest Mumma/Wife in the world!
colgate smiles
Handsome and Beautiful

I've finally starting buying 'things' for the baby. The hiking backpack and bassinet arrived this week. Sofia wanted to try out the backpack and Grant was nice enough to wear her around for a bit. Sofia quickly decided that she didn't want to be the 'baby' and once she was let down she tried to wear the backpack herself! If I play my cards right I am going to have one very proud and helpful big sister!

I've started talking with Sofia about what's going to happen "when the baby comes". I have a book from the library that we've read a few times. Sofia is VERY excited about coming to the hospital to visit Mummy and meet the new baby. I'm not delusional and I know that she doesn't "get" what is about to happen but the more we can talk about it and prepare her the smoother things will go. I'd be more than happy to hear your advice on introducing your older child to the new baby. My Mom has suggested that we have a present with us at the hospital to give Sofia from the baby and we plan on doing that. I'm trying to keep her as involved as I can and she likes to read stories and sing songs to the baby. Grant and I are pretty organic parents and take most of our cues from Sofias needs. Although I'm a bit nervous I feel we are going to be fine.

4 comments:

Mom said...

There is no doubt that Sofia will be a good big sister and a help to her mumma.

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Those 2 do look very entertaining! I'm sure Sofia will be such a big help to you and baby!

Anonymous said...

The present idea is a good one. We used it too and I think it helped... Either way Rori ended up with anew toy... She seemed quite jealous about the second or third day but it only lasted 2 or three days now all is good. Just keep a close eye on them together for a while to make sure Sofia is clear on what you can and can't do with a new baby

Dan

Anonymous said...

I love those 2 pics!!!
So adorable. Love seeing my brother as a father, he does such a good job of it :)

xox to all of you
including lil Bean

Auntie Tracy