Monday, 13 July 2009

Confessions of a 26 month old

Today while cuddling at bedtime...

Sofia: PopPop go on boat see Uncle Ben
Mumma: yes
Sofia: PopPop go on airplane and see Magra
Mumma: yes
Sofia: I miss PopPop
Mumma: yes, I miss him too
Sofia: I sorry
Mumma: why are you sorry
Sofia: I sorry I hit PopPop
Mumma: yes, hitting isn't nice
Sofia: I love PopPop

My Dad left last Tuesday, he took the ferry over to Vancouver to visit my brother and then he flew home to Ontario. In the last few days he was here Sofia was having trouble keep her hands to herself. I don't think that this is then end of that behaviour (I won't allow myself to be that naive) but I'm sure that it's a good sign she is feeling sorry for it.
These little insights into my daughters world amaze me. I feel blessed that she is able to express and share thoughts with us.

No comments: