a + g
When the question arose of finding out the gender of Junior, Grant didn't want to know but I did. His solution was for me to find out but not tell him ... IMPOSSIBLE! So we didn't find out. At first I was really frustrated because I wanted time to prepare. We had 5 months after Sofias referral to prepare for a girl, and after the 18 week ultrasound we would have had 5 months to prepare for this baby too. I'm not a very good secret keeper so it's much easier for me not to know.
However because I do not know if it's a Junior or a Juniorette I haven't been doing any shopping. Very hard for an expectant mother to do! I have bought 2 sleepers that are fairly neutral at a consignment store so Baby won't be completely naked. And at 11 weeks after the first ultrasound that Grant and Sofia came to we went shopping and bought a 'coming home outfit' in brown and orange. But basically I've told Grant that his job while I'm recovering is to get everything the Babe needs in the right colour palette. Actually it's more of coordinating where the handme downs are coming from. My lack of being able to shop is going to get harder as the need for nesting takes over. Since we aren't doing a nursery I need somewhere to focus my attention. Lucky for Grant baking seems to be my thing and groceries are gender neutral so no trouble shopping there.
But how could any Mother resist blankets with her and Baby Daddys initials on them???
5 comments:
Baby shopping was SO hard to resist, I can't believe you are going to let Grant do it, it was my favorite pre-baby activity haha! I was a MAD baker during my last legs too! I never wanted to eat any of it I was just compelled to make it, Ben and my co-workers didnt mind...
Too cute! I wouldn't be able to resist either. Miss you! Love Auntie Hez
OH MAN! I don't know how you do it! You must have some wicked self control woman! I shopped so much for Zia that I could have probably clothed 4 kids by the time she actually arrived home! LOL! Definitely one of my favorite parts of 'nesting'.
Adorable blankets - will be perfect for either gender!
Are you sure keeping the gender a secret isn't Grant's sneaky way of keeping you from shopping? :)
Very cute! I'd have such a hard time not knowing. For me it was about bonding with the baby. I didn't actually do much gender-specific shopping.
Post a Comment