Thursday, 4 June 2009

go piss

The other night Sofia couldn't decide what she wanted.  She asked for juice, crackers, and the potty all within seconds of each other.  We gave her some crackers which she proceed to spill on the bathroom floor while trying to climb onto the toilet.  I threw them out, reiterated our "no food in the bathroom" policy, and told her "First potty, then crackers".  Grant and I took a parenting course and they taught us the 'first ... then ...' and it works well with Sofia.  She sat on the potty and started chatting away to me.  Sofia is in a parroting stage, everything we say gets repeats 5 or 6 times.  So I heard "potty then cracker.  potty then crackers.  first potty then cracker."  I changed the topic and we were trying to discuss the days events when out of no where Sofia hits me with a "go piss".  My mouth dropped to the floor and I say "Do you want to go pee?  Your on the potty, it's ok"  "No Mumma go piss, go piss, go piss!"  I was speechless, who taught my precious little baby girl such foul language?!?!?  Then Grant starts laughing and says "Mumma goldfish.  Yes Sofia first potty then goldfish crackers" 

6 comments:

The Hattons... said...

That definitely gave me a chuckle. We've had a few moments where Lyle and I will look at each other and think "did he just say that" and then USUALLY realize he's trying to say something else.

But that one is definitely a good one.

Mom said...

I told you that you had a potty mouth and should be careful!!!!

shaunak said...

okay, that made me laugh out loud!

Natalie and Chris said...

lol.... that is too precious definitly a moment to remember. Thanks for the laugh this morning.
Nat

nikki said...

Love the laugh, thanks so much for sharing!

Mamato2 said...

Mal likes go piss crackers, too :)Very cute, Sofia.