Yesterday Grant locked his keys in his car while grocery shopping with Sofia. My handyman removed the antenna and used it reach through an open window to unlock the door! I never would have thought of this.
Grant scored 90% on his certification exam!!! He is now certified to work in any province. (No, we are not planning on moving!) Now he just a few hours left to work towards his apprenticeship and then he'll be a journeyman electrician. Years ago I was very frustrated by Grants lack of ambition towards schooling. I am very happy that he waited and wisely chose a career that he enjoys. His 90% on his final as well as his 90% average over his 4 years of school speak for themselves!
Sofia split her lip wide open yesterday. She is doing fine although her mother is still recovering. Seems my 10+ years of working in a hospital and dealing with trauma didn't prepare me for seeing blood pour from my daughters mouth. I am completely unfazed by xraying amputated body parts but blood + my child = SpazzMumma! While Mumma screamed for Daddy to come running and flew around in panic clutching bleeding child to her chest, Daddy calmly got Sofia to rinse her mouth with water. The sweet little girl even giggled because she got to spit into the sink. I like to think that if Daddy weren't home I would have been calmer. I've always prided myself for my ability to stay calm in high pressure situations at work not I just need to figure out how to apply that at home. I have learned my lesson though and next time I will examine the wound before I start looking for the phone to call an ambulance!
I love my neighbours! Yesterday after a fun filled day of the 'street kids' playing together, someone pulled their BBQ around into their driveway and we had an impromptu street party! Everyone pulled burgers out of their freezers, someone brought hot dogs for the kids, someone brought a spinach salad, someone else through some veggies on the BBQ to steam, someone brought a spinach dip. There was even fried mushrooms and bacon for the burgers! This seems to happen every few weeks and I LOVE it! It reminds me of the book "Stone Soup". If everyone brings what they have to share the outcome is wonderful!
4 comments:
so when is it you are moving to London? Seems fair to me. Grant needs to try the eastern part of the country. His father in law is ready for Canada's Wonderland anytime!
Oh! I hope she's completely okay. The street BBQ is sooo cool. I would love that.
Poor Sofia- glad to hear that she's doing okay. Mouth cuts are the worst- it seems that they just pump out the blood but they heal fast too.
Congrats to your hubby- way to go!!!
Sounds like you live in a great neighbourhood!
Courtney
I want to live on your street! That is so awesome. Just what a neighbourhood should be.
And congrats to Grant. Yeah for raises too!!! : )
em
Post a Comment