Thursday, 2 October 2008

Helping Mummy in the kitchen

Sofia likes to hang out with me in the kitchen when I'm cooking.  Lately she's been unloading my pots and pans.  The other day she was at my feet cooking up something fierce or at least that's what all the banging and shaking lead me to think.  I got down on the floor with two forks and we ate what she made right out of the pan.  The look on her face was amazing!  She has an amazing imagination and I think she was shocked that her Mum has one too!  I oohed and awed over her creation and told her what a good cook she was.  It was fun.

Since Sofia enjoys hanging out in the kitchen with me I try to include her when I'm able. 
Sofia adding bread crumbs to the meat loaf mixture.  She added more than she ate so we'll call it helping.
Cooking something yummy!
My view while I'm cooking.  
Don't worry, I don't let her stand there if the stoves on.
Running laps around the kitchen island.  Yes that's right folks, Sofia runs!  She's getting fast.  This picture is one of my new favourites.  

Sofia is such an animated child, she rarely sits still and even if she's still she's not quiet!  As I mentioned she has a wonderful imagination and likes to play pretend.  Although her favourite activity seems to be reading, her happiest time has to be when she plays her tambourine.  The look of pure joy on her face is amazing.  She has started singing.  The tune changes but the words are always "Backpack Backpack".  Yesterday while playing Ring around the Rosie with Grant she sang "Ring Hush Down" so we are hopeful that her Backpack chant will soon be a thing of the past.  She has started dancing too.  Oh, there's something blissful about watching your toddler dance.  

**Edited:  I just realized with the sentence "Although her favourtie activity seems to be reading, her happiest time has to be when she plays her tambourine."  I describe the perfect combination of Grant and I.  Awe, bliss!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is still so amazing how much of each of you I see in Sofia. I love the picture of her doing laps--she is such a cutie!

Danielle said...

We love to let Zia help too but sadly, more food ends up in the kid than anything else! What a sweetie you are Sofia!!

Barbara said...

See, I would be teaching her how to dial for take-out.