I am thankful for our family and friends that accepted our choice to adopt and so quickly welcomed Sofia into their lives.
I am thankful for Sofias birth mother, I think about her everyday.
I am thankful for my husband. He is such a wonderful father and watching him with Sofia makes my heart swell and soar.
I am thankful for my daughter who has been through so much in her young life and has adapted so well. Our family and friends accepted her but she was also so accepting of them. I have learnt so much from her already and just thinking about her now has started the tears flowing. I had no idea that I could love the way I love her.
I am thankful for our cat and dog who have adapted so well to having a little one in the house. Both of them are willing to let Sofia lay on them, poke at them, tug, grab, and smack at them.
Well there's a first time for everything. That felt pretty good, I should do that more often! Maybe not in such a public forum, perhaps I should start journaling again. I have tons of pictures to share, we had a great weekend. A few trips to the beach, lots of yummy food, cozy family time, and a monopoly game! We are going to visit with some old neighbours for desert tonight and I can't think of a nicer way to end our weekend. Grant goes back to work tomorrow and it's bitter sweet. Bitter because he'll be gone so much longer ever day and sweet because one of us will be off EI.
3 comments:
You are blessed in each other, I'm sure. Happy Thanksgiving!
She looks adorable in her dress! Hope that you had a great Thanksgiving!
Courtney
Ahh, what a nice post. Very well put!
Post a Comment