Tuesday, 30 October 2007

Tummy Rub

Yesterday I got talking with a lady I was xraying. She was asking me why I like my job because she was thinking it would be good job for her daughter. I mentioned that I had worked at VGH for 7.5 years and that I had just moved out to SPH in the last couple of months. She asked why, I told her it was because my new job was part time and since I was going to be a Mum next spring it was a move that I made for my family. She reached out and rubbed my tummy and said, "Congratulations! That is so wonderful!"

I was too shocked to tell her that we were adopting, so I sent her on her way and moved on the next patient... I guess I can stop worrying about my waist line!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow Alicia!! That is too funny! I've explained to people that we are "expecting" too, and have had people look down at my stomach. Thankfully, they've never done anything like rub my tummy, but I am waiting for it! I try to slip in the adoption thing before it gets too far!

Sorry that had to happen to you! but at least you can laugh about it now! :-)

Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny! How awkward. In regards to the diaper post, my sister did TONS of research on cloth diapers. She loves "fuzzybunz". They're super easy to use and they really grow with your baby. Another tip: ask for a sample. Most companies will send you one for free and then you can give it to a friend who can try it out on their little one.

Good-luck and let me know what you decide on! I'm going to cloth diaper our baby too. Yeah for helping the environment (and saving money).

emily (iheartethiopia.blogspot.com)


ps: if you aren't grossed out by buying used, a lot of mom's sell cloth diapers since some people give up on the whole thing. Check out craigslist for used cloth diapers.