Monday, 1 October 2007

Happy October!

I love October! It's my favourite month and my favourite time of year. The leaves start to change colour. The weather gets cooler and crisper. Long dog walking hikes become a must! The salmon run starts. It gets darker earlier which makes for lots of time for all the new tv shows. Thanksgiving, a great time to think of how fortunate we are. I break out all my warm cozy sweaters! It's also time to break out the soup pots and find the chili recipe. Pumpkin patches, fall fairs, the last of the fresh local produce. I love driving in the country and seeing all the flower stands, October has the best flowers too!
Our first nephew was born in October. This is him the day he was born, October 6 2005.
October seems to be the most popular months for weddings, in our family at least. Grants' sister was married on the 6th (that's her baby boy above too!) we were married on the 7th and my parents were married on the 12th. Happy Anniversary everyone!
And you can't forget Halloween! It's definitely not my favourite but it is fun to see the little kiddies all dressed up. This is Qimik in his bumble bee costume (Old Navy has super costumes for dogs at reasonable prices!) He was unsure at first but when he saw what a fuss people were making over him he was more than happy!

I'm feeling the need to bake a pumpkin pie!! ooohhhh I LOVE October! I'm so happy I have 31 days to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Alicia...I LOVE your dog's costume!! I think I need one for my dog now! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both too.

Love you both

Mom and Pops