I made a super yummy comfort dinner of pasta with alfredo sauce & veggies while Grant collected firewood and built a fire.

I like to drink tea. I have a collection of about 15 different kinds (think I'm exaggerating come on over for tea!) Anyway to me it felt like a 'big pot of tea night'. As usual I asked Grant if he wanted any, just to be polite. I think in 7 1/2 years he's said yes 4 times. Last night was the 5th! That's how crummy he must have felt.
So we sat on the floor in front of the fire, drank our tea, and played cards... Grant won. Grant always wins. It doesn't matter what the game is, he'll beat me. Even games he doesn't like to play like Scrabble he still beats me at. I bet that I could invent a game, make all the rules in my favour and he would still win! Even if I do manage to eke out a win over him I think that he has 'let' me win. I'm not sure I have ever beat him fair and square. I always go back for more though.

I love autumn. I love cozy times by the fire. I love tea. I love playing cards.
I love my husband!

3 comments:
Grant must have been feeling crummy if he was playing cards. He doesn't like to play games with us but I think that's cause I cheat!!!!
If your mother or I suggest that you stay in on a Saturday night you would have look at us as if we had two heads, seems to me someone is getting old. Love Pops
So funny, as I asked Chris to get me a tea of the month club for Christmas last year and I have now receive 3 kinds of loose leaf tea every month since January, I am overloaded...Maybe I should share with you.
Post a Comment