Friday, 4 January 2008

Why Ethiopia?


Because our daughter is there!

Her name is Sofia Ann Tahir Dybdal and her birthday is May 11 so that means she is almost 8 months old!  Our referral call came on Dec 21 at 1615, we were so amazed!  We took the information to Mexico with us and spent the whole week in a happy daze.  We are now waiting for our court date to make her legally ours.  We are expecting to travel to pick her up in 6 - 8 months.

I'm not going to post a picture of her right now, I'm going to wait till after our court date.  But I can assure you that she is beautiful!  The process of international adoption is a gigantic roller coaster.  I am fully appreciating this "high" because I'm sure that there are some stomach turning "drops" coming.  For now we are just focusing on how great it feel to be parents and trying to figure out what in the world we are going to do with a one year old!  We've got lots of work to do around the house to get ready.

11 comments:

Jody said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! A baby girl!! I will hope that it is closer to the 6 months then 8. What a wonderful way to spend your holidays.

emily said...

I'm SOOOOO happy for you! I called you earlier today but you weren't home. I'll try again this week-end. Congratulations! I love the name. I can't believe your referral came so soon and such perfect timing for the holidays. No wonder you looked so happy in your new years photo : )

Anonymous said...

Alicia, I'm THRILLED for you!!! I hope that your court date comes very soon so that we can all see her precious little face! Congratulations Mama!

Danielle said...

YAAAA!!!! Congratulations to the two of you! I am so happy for you! Now lets hope that 6-8 months is a longer estimate and you'll actually have her home MUCH sooner! :-)

Lisa said...

WOOOOWEEE!!! I am SOOO HAPPY for you guys!!!! She sounds like a sweet little peanut! Can't wait to see pics!!!

Congrats to you and Grant!!!

Love
lisa

Regina said...

Congratulations! We were thrilled to hear and are so excited for you.

Ricki said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl!!! She sounds like such a sweetie pie!
Ricki

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is just too cute!! and her name is too!! what a great year 2008 is going to be for you!! and having a one year old is great!!! :):)

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Congrats mommy and daddy!! Great news to hear!

Rhonda

sandi said...

Congrats!!!!! Hope you get to travel sooner than you expect!!!

Sandi

Jennifer said...

Belated congratulations! That's wonderful news!