Friday, 11 January 2008

8 months old & Random act of kindness

Today our baby girl is 8 months old!  Sofia, Mumma & Papa are thinking of you and sending you hugs and kisses! We love you! MWAH!!

Random acts of kindness really do happen!  One happened to me last Friday.  I was doing a CT on a lady, she was anxious about the needle.  I tried to distract her by asking her about her Christmas etc.  Turns out that she was having a horrible time, her family had just lost 3 members ( 2 friends and a family member) in the past week.  I got the feeling that she needed a pick me up so I asked her if I could share some good news with her
.  I told her about Sofia and she teared up and got a big smile on her face.  That was thanks enough for me.  After the test was done I wished her good luck and said I hoped that her year turned around.  A few minutes later our receptionist came to me to say that their was a lady at the front desk with something for me.  It was my patient with a stuffy!  She told me it was for my daughter!  Now it was my turn to tear up!  I gave her a big hug and luckily I had a picture of Sofia on me to show her... What a wonderful experience, what a super lady!
This puppy is super soft and cuddly.
She has a super sweet angelic face.
She has different material on her pads and her feet are filled with beans.

This little puppy has a special place in my heart because of how she came into our lives.  I can't wait to see Sofia snuggling with her!

5 comments:

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Happy Birthday Sofia!! What a sweet lady to get her a bear...

Rhonda

Danielle said...

Oh Wow Alicia! How nice is that! Doesn't it feel so nice when things like that happen!?

Happy 8 month birthday little Sofia! I hope you will be home to spend your 1 year birthday with your Mommy and Daddy!

emily said...

That is so awesome! Wow! Thanks for sharing.

em

sandi said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog... still not sure if we are going to go private...

Can I add your blog to my blogroll list?

Sandi

Mamato2 said...

What cute little pup for your little girl. And, such a great story! Malía actually has one she sleeps with, and has since I met her, in person, March 16th that looks nearly identical to this. It'llbe wonderful when you get to give Sofia her present. Happy b-day, little girl!