Tuesday, 9 September 2008

My first time on a boat

It was Sofia and Qimiks' first time too!  A BIG thank you to the Patterson/Klem family for inviting us to spend the night on their boat.  It was a great experience and it has solidified our retirement plans.  Grant and I are mariners in the making!
The boat, it lives on Salt Spring Island but is a world traveler.  
Qimik looks a bit scared here but he was fine after about 10 minutes.
After a long day of playing with friends.
Doesn't he look like he belongs here?
Can you imagine a better night?

We had a great time on Salt Spring, there was an Ethiopian family get together.  It was so lovely to see all the kids playing together.  I didn't take my camera out but I know Diane took some shots.  If she emails me some I will post them (as long as that's ok with all the Mummas). *Hint hint*  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time you had. Qim does have a worried look on his face. I'm glad to see that Grant isn't dipping Sofia's hand into the water. That would be a long drop!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

That looks like so much fun!

shaunak said...

I'm glad you enjoyed camping out on the boat! Kevin said it is cleaner now than before you came, so you are welcome anytime!

Selamu is still talking about Sofia - it was great to see you. I can't wait to see Diane's photos since I didn't get the chance to take my camera out of my bag...