WOW! My head is spinning today. The last 24 hours has been crazy. I'm not sure where to start so I'll go back to the first good news...
Congrats to our friends Robin and Jason who told us yesterday that Robin is 8 weeks pregnant. Robin and I are already planning the mischief that we will get into being on mat. leave together. She is due April 12 and that's about when I expect we will be traveling. ( I think her due date is more exact than mine!)
Congrats to Grant's sister, Regina and her husband, Troy who had their second baby last night at 0200. Our new nephew is Beckett Carter weighing in at a whopping 9lbs 3 oz. (A whole pound smaller than his big brother was) I can't wait for Grant to get home from work so that we can go up to meet him. Their first son, Ethan, was born on their wedding anniversary and the day before our wedding. Beckett picked a special day too, but I'll tell you about that in a minute.
Congrats to our friend Aiden who started grade one french immersion today. Qimik and I got the privilege of going with her Mom & sisters to pick her up. Maritza said there were lots of tears when she was dropped off but when we picked her up, she was her usually smiley self. She talked a mile a minute and told us all about her new school, new teacher, new class.
Lastly, Congrats to us. We handed in our dossier to CHOICES this morning!!! I was able to go over it with Rachel, which was nice. Our application & retainer agreement are being couriered to KidsLink as I type. There are a couple of more things we need to do but KL needs the retainer before they can send them to us. I plan a quick turnaround time because I think they mostly just require our signatures.
We still haven't applied to Canada immigration. I hope that doesn't end up being a big problem. I have heard that we have to apply ourselves but I have also heard that KL fills out the paperwork for you and then you just have to sign it. Since it involves so many forms all in government-speak I am not looking forward to filling it out. I am really hoping that the rumour I heard about KL doing the hard part for you is true. I will ask them about it later this week.
So today, September 4th 2007, is a pretty big day. New pregnancy, new baby, new school and one step closer to being parents!
1 comment:
IT's definitely not a rumour...thanks goodness! KL will fill out the forms for you...then you look it over making sure that they didn't mess up your name or address etc. So it makes it super easy and not scary at all!
Post a Comment