Tuesday, 28 August 2007

Dinner!

Last Saturday Grant and I met a couple of single moms who are also in the process of adopting. They are both waiting to go and pick up their children. It was nice to chat with the mom and see pictures of their children. We can't wait to meet them!

We ate a local restaurant, The Blue Nile, that specializes in East African cuisine. The owner was very friendly and the food was great. When I asked him if he would give me cooking lessons he told me that I was welcome to come volunteer in the kitchen for a week. He promised that then I would be able to cook everything! haha

On Sunday at work I was raving about the food so much that I inspired a co-worker to go there that night for dinner. She and her husband enjoyed it very much. If you get a chance, I urge you to go.
http://www.bluenilerestaurantvictoria.com/index.htm

2 comments:

Regina said...

OK - Just noticed now that on your last email to us that there was a link to this blog tucked away at the bottom...stealth!

Anyways, its nice to have the updates and insider information - we are looking forward to having a new cousin/niece/nephew soon!

Congratulations - we wish you all the best on this adventure!

Regina and Troy and Ethan

Mamato2 said...

Good luck in getting a referral very quickly! :)