Sunday, 3 July 2011

Potty Training


Maizie started showing interest in using the potty back at the beginning of May.  I tried to train Sofia and it didn't work.  A few months later she decided she was ready and trained herself.  Since I learned from past mistakes/experiences instead of training Maizie I decided to follow her lead.  Today was the turning point.  She came into our room this morning asking to go to the potty, her last nights diaper was almost dry.  The end count of today is something like 8 pees on the potty and 4 pees randomly scattered around the house.  I don't have a choice, I have to go forward.  For the record I am no interested in having another kid potty trained.  I like diapers, they are easy.  I put them on and we go, anywhere, everywhere, for as long as we want.  Newly potty trained kids are a pain in the ass, when they feel that magic tickle it's a panic to find a toilet (or a grassy patch).  With 3 kids in tow I don't fit into the tiny grocery store staff only bathrooms and it's hard to be discrete peeing in a grassy patch too.

On the other hand, I'm about to have another big girl!  Maizie is only 21 months, if she trains this week then she'll beat Sofia by 4 months.  She is so proud of herself when she uses the potty.  She let's out a 'yeah' and runs around the house to share the news with everyone (even Solveig).

3 comments:

Mom said...

Yeah Maizie. We are proud of you!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! What a big girl! I wonder if it's her big sister's influence.

I'm scared of potty training. Andrew is sooo not interested. I talk about the potty, trying at least to get the idea in his head, and he always replies passionately "NO POTTY!" But I guess we should give it a go sometime soon. Yikes.

pat said...

don't feel obliged to start until they start showing some interest. He is saying -- no thank you. But you could start letting him run around outside in the backyard with underwear on, learning how it feels in a safe place. boys are always (almost always) slower at the toilet training than girls.

good work Maizie! awesome stuff!