| Smiling on her way into the hospital with her new suitcase. |
We have been waiting for Sofias operation for 11 months now. She had tubes put in her ears, her adenoids removed, and her tongue tie released. She was really anxious about her operation but I tried to make it as fun for her as possible and I think in the end she was actually a bit excited about it. Daddy took her shopping for her very own suitcase so she could take some books and things to play with to the hospital. We also took her shopping for treats at the grocery store; pudding and Popsicles. I told her to pick a special outfit to wear and Daddy did her hair special too.
| Do all husbands/fathers do this? Grant walking "with" us through the hospital. Doesn't Sofia look like a big girl? |
| Sofia with her emla patch. The nurse tried to make it fun for her. |
Right away we noticed a difference in her hearing. 6 days after her operation her preschool teacher told me that she had noticed a big difference in her hearing too! I am thankful to have this behind us. I was really worried about her recovery because she wasn't allowed to jump, run, or ride a bike for 5 days. Because of the surgery in her throat if she got bumped there could have been bleeding. We explained the rules to her and she did incredible. I'm still amazed at how mature she is.
Her follow up appointment is this week and after that we should have all of this behind us for good. Because her adenoids have been taken out she is expected to have any more trouble with her ears and shouldn't need tubes again. Now I just need her to learn to breath and chew with her mouth closed. Other than nagging, does anyone have any suggestions??
4 comments:
I'm so glad that everything went so smoothly. I knew Sofia would do great. I was more worried about how mumma would do with one of her babies in the hospital ! :) Fantastic that you have had such a great improvement. Glad it's all over with now :)
It's great that the nurses were trying to make things easier for Sofia. I haven't seen a face on an emla patch before, it's a good idea. Sofia is such a trouper.
And yes, even after all these years, your dad still walks miles ahead of me!
Children hospital pi's must be universal, some ones here in Ontario!
I've been waiting for this post! I'm so happy to hear that Sofia is recovering well and that you're already noticing an improvement in her hearing. YAY.
Post a Comment