How far along: 36 weeks
Weight: 192lbs
Sleep: I sleep just fine but I sure am sore when I wake up. My pelvis is achey and miserable until I get up and moving. Rolling over isn't even worth it, it's too hard and causes too much of a stir. I wake up every night between 4 & 430. I'm expecting that to be a feeding time.
Energy: Failing. My midwifes instruction at 34 weeks was to take it "really really easy" so as soon as I got a little tired I sat down and put my feet up. Now that I've made it to 36 weeks I'm aloud to push myself a little but I've lost most of my drive! lol I'm getting used to taking a nap during the girls nap/quiet time and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm used to being tired or having low energy but normally I just push through it and keep going. Allowing myself to not push myself has been hard to get used to (and it's even harder to see the effects in my house!). I know it's not for much longer.
Movement: This baby has been positioned head down with it's body along my left side for as long as I've been able to feel it (Maizie was positioned this exact way her entire pregnancy). For a couple of days this last week this baby decided it would check out real estate on my right side and it slide it's body over. It was SO STRANGE to get kicked and punched on my left side!
Feeling: I was feeling like this baby was coming early. I was worried and nervous. Now I have no expectations. As long as I/we make it to next Thurs. and 37 weeks this babe won't be considered preterm. I'm still focused on my due date cause I think it would be really cool to say that both my babies were born on their due dates. But I have been saying April 2 or 3 would be perfect the whole time I've been pregnant and that's where I'm truly focused on. I'm trying hard to not get frustrated by being pregnant. I know that this is the last time I will be and so I am trying to enjoy every last little thing about it. As great as it will be to have my body back to myself I know that I will truly miss sharing myself this way. Once during a very frustrated infertile moment I remember saying to Grant "I know that if I pregnant I will be really good at it!" and surprisingly it's true. No morning sickness and no odd side effects. I am really good at being pregnant and I do enjoy it.
What I miss: Picking up Sofia, doing dishes facing the sink (I have to stand sideways to the sink), cooking with the front burners on the stove (I burned my stomach twice and so now I only use the back burners), shaving my legs, wearing lace up shoes, getting up spontaneously (currently I need a plan-of-action to move), and hugging my husband (not that we don't hug now but it doesn't feel right).
Food cravings: Sweets! although I'm sure that's just me and has nothing to do with being pregnant. Also I'm trying to get in lots of calcium because my leg muscles have been cramping. Vegetables.
Food aversions: None.
2 comments:
It sounds like you are ready to roll!! Can't wait to see who the newest Dybdal will be :)
I keep meaning to tell you that I'm glad you posted the comment about calcium and leg cramping - I hadn't made the connection in my own life, but I haven't been drinking much milk lately and often get achy legs, so I'm trying to remedy that! :)
Can't wait to meet the newest Dybdal! Hope they arrive AFTER the next book club meeting though, ha ha. :)
Post a Comment