Thursday, 31 March 2011

40 weeks

Oh wait ... I mean 2 weeks...

Well today was supposed to be our little girls birthday and goodness am I glad she decided to be born early!  Solveig was 8lb 10oz when she was born 2 weeks ago and today she is 9lbs 14oz.  I have been a little sad the last couple of weeks and that is because I wasn't done being pregnant yet.  I have known that this was my last pregnancy since the day I found out I was pregnant and I wasn't ready for it to be over quite yet.  It's all good and I'm ok, I just feel a little bit cheated out of my last 2 weeks.

Solveig is an amazing baby.  She wakes every 2 or 3 hours for food and then either goes back to sleep or lies happily in a chair or her bassinet.  Nursing has been far easier with Solveig than it ever was with Maizie.  I dare say that I am actually enjoying nursing (I never did make it that point with Maizie although I stuck it out for 11 months).  I am nervous about nursing because of blocked ducts and mastitis that I had with Maizie but I do know that it is the right choice for me and I proud of my decision.

I'd love to post more and tell you all about how great I feel (hormones are working in my favour for once) and how I am learning to juggle 3 girls (I took all three out to the grocery store completely by myself today!)  However my starving baby has different plans for what I should be doing right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!

Natalie and Chris said...

Congratulations on the new additions. She is beautiful, just like her sisters.
nat