I love that I married into a Norwegian family! It means that Christmas lasts longer. Christmas for them is Christmas Eve, which leaves Christmas Day (MY birthday) all to us (or in the occasion that my parents are visiting to my side of the family). With two young kids having Christmas spread over a longer period of time is such a bonus. Sofia was so excited for Christmas this year. During all the preparations I tried to focus on the giving and not the receiving. Sofia was excited about the presents that she helped picked for others and she liked giving baked goods and chocolates to people in our lives (preschool teachers, friends, doctors). I think that on the 24th when she woke up and we yelled "Happy CHRISTMAS!" she was most excited about getting to see her Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and Cousins. I won't lie she's 3.5 and was very excited to open presents but I'm very happy with the balance we were able to achieve.
| Ethan 5, Beckett 3, Sofia 3.5, Maizie 1 |
| My angles in their beautiful Christmas dresses. |
| Maizie admiring (?) festivus. (yes she touched a flame & wasn't too happy) |
| 8pm and still going strong. Pretty dresses were traded for new cozy pjs. The mess from the present opening was cleared and silly time with Grandpa Chris began! |
| This was where it started but it got even sillier. I was laughing too hard to get pictures though. |
1 comment:
You have two funny girls. They make me laugh just looking at the pictures!
Post a Comment