Saturday, 18 December 2010

Oh Christmas Tree




Our house is pretty little and for the last few years we've been buying small trees and putting them up on top of our coffee table (that's shoved in a corner since we've had kids).  I think the first year we did it, it was because I was too cheap to pay $40 for a tree but I really enjoy that it doesn't take up any premium floor space.  Since we have young kids we don't put any presents under the tree until Christmas Eve.  So far the kids have learned very quickly not to touch the tree or the ornaments but getting them to leave presents alone is a lot harder... Plus it allows the cat easier access to the water bucket under the tree.
We've got a few meaningful decorations on our tree, the ones I bought for the girls for their first Christmas' and ones that have been given to us from special people.  This is my favourite ornament and the first one that has ever brought tears to my eyes.  Sofia made it for Grant and I at preschool and when I saw it waiting in her cubby for me my hands actually started to shake.  All of a sudden it hit me (like it's done many times before) I am somebodys' MOM!  I'm A MOM... I have kids that make me decorations!  I flashed quickly to the pinecone ornament that I put up year after year on my parents Christmas tree and I immediately thought 'I need bubble wrap to keep this precious pinecone safe.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys should come to Nanaimo and get a tree with us one year... They have a U cut place with about 20 acres of good trees of all sizes 25 bucks each...