Monday, 21 June 2010

9 months old!

Yesterday our Maizie turned 9 months. She is the happiest baby and a joy to parent. She is changing so quickly and learning like a sponge. In the last month she's learned to sit up by herself, pull herself up to standing, and she's started to do 'walkies' when Grant holds her up on her feet. All of this new mobility is great, she is so proud of herself and is a able to keep up with Sofia a little better.
My biggest joy happened this weekend, Maizie signed "more". I started signing a couple of thing to Maizie when she was 6 months old but nothing came of it until now. I think she is trying to sign 'food' too but that's a complicated one since she's big into chewing on her fingers right now! :)

We've been having trouble with our computer since it was full and I haven't been able to upload any pictures to it but Grant has fixed the problem which means I can start adding pictures of my beauties!

3 comments:

Proudmama said...

Happy 9 months Maizie! Time really does fly by doesn't it? :)

Courtney

nikki said...

Wow I can't believe how quickly time goes by. Seems like just yesterday that you had Maizie and she's 9 months already. Smooches for everyone!

Barb said...

Ahhhh, I love baby sign language! We still use it quite a bit around here for both kids and I am a huge believer in that it helped Peter learn to talk very early. At 19 mos he is speaking in sentences not garbled words. He was very slow to use it as well but once he got started he took off like hot cakes. Oh, and we used the sign for "eat" instead of the sign for "food." It was easier.