Monday, 8 February 2010

Sofias first time on skis!

My brother used to be a ski & snowboard instructor and he decided that this year his Christmas present to Sofia would be teaching her to ski. On our way back from Ontario the girls and I stopped over in Vancouver and headed up to Mount Seymour. We all got worried when Sofia started bawling while Grant and Ben were trying to put her boots on and we all thought it was going to be a very short adventure. However once we got her out on the hill and strapped her skis on she started beaming! I have never yet seen Sofia take to something so quickly. She did fantastic! We had to pull her off the hill for a lunch break and again after a few more runs. Poor Uncle Ben was getting sore! Although Sofia did well going down the hill (mostly on her own) she needed Uncle Ben to ride with her up the rope tow and he also was skiing backwards to keep her skis going the right way. I had Maizie all bundled up in her stroller and I walked her right onto the hill and found a place where I could stand and watch. It was such a great day! and Sofia is still talking about it.
Sofia in all her winter wear
Coming off the rope tow with Uncle Ben
Daddy's in the background on his snowboard
Left to right: Daddy on his snowboard, Uncle Ben backwards, and Sofia SKIING!
Maizie had a good nap but then when she woke up she entertained me with some faces.

I know these pictures aren't great but my camera batteries had died and I was using my phone.
At least once every couple of days Sofia asks me if Uncle Ben is taking her skiing after nap. Good thinking Uncle Ben! Although Sofia seems very athletic I'm not sure that I would have thought to strap skis on my 2.5 year old feet. As usually though she amazed us!

1 comment:

Ricki said...

That's really cute :)