Friday, 5 February 2010

A big day for Maizie

Maizie changed before my eyes today. This morning she rolled from back to front for the first time thanks to some special time with Daddy. Later on she grabbed hold of her bird toy and pulled it towards her hard enough to make it do what it does. She was rewarded with it shaking and vibrating which made her giggle. Lastly, she started bouncing in the jolly jumper. She still isn't jumping but she has the idea now.

I am loving watching her grow and learn but it also makes me so sad. All babies (no matter what age they come to us) are such a blessing but each stage is so fleeting. I am trying to enjoy and pay attention to each little thing. (most times to the detriment of my housekeeping) I sometimes find it hard to juggle Sofia and Maizie, they are at such different stages. I want to take care of each of their needs and at the end of the day I want them both to feel that they had some special one-on-one time with me. I am being the best mother that I know how to be but I too am growing and changing every day.

No comments: