Monday, 2 November 2009

Remembering

There is so much I want to remember. Both my girls amaze me, I am thankful for everyday with them and try so desperately to remember every moment. Maizie is just so wide eyed and beautiful, it's so easy to love her. Sofia has us in stitches a few times a day, she has such a great sense of humour but even just her being her makes us laugh. I can't say enough about Sofia, she is such a great girl. She has so many great qualities and I know she is going to grow up to be a lovely person.

Sofia has a stool that is supposed to live in the bathroom to make her more independent in there. Lately she's been moving the stool around the house to help her reach things she isn't supposed to touch. Grant took the stool away because she was using it inappropriately. This cracked me up.

Mumma ~ Sofia, can you go wash your hands.
Sofia ~ No
M ~ Please go and wash your hands.
S ~ No I can't.
M ~ Yes you can. Please go.
S ~ I can't wash hands. Daddy take 'tool away and say "S'ia no more use 'tool" I can't wash hands.

Oops, sorry! At least she had a good excuse.

On Friday afternoon Sofia wanted to play outside so she got on her boots and a jacket and headed out into the backyard. I started straightening the kitchen and Maizie was sleeping. I was watching Sofia blowing bubbles out the kitchen window and feeling weepy because I know that soon she'll be even bigger and more grown up than she is now. As I looked around my messy kitchen I realized that getting my boots & jacket on and going to blow bubbles with my girl was far more important! I went and sat on the picnic table with Sofia and she immediately held the bubble wand up to me and said "Your turn Mumma". She put her hand on my arm and when I blew a few bubbles she said "Good blowing".
We sat there and blew bubbles for 20 minutes or so. I shed a few tears because I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. Sofia saw those tears, gave me a hug, and said "You okay Mumma. You happy. I love you" Then she said, "Daddy come home soon. S'ia say 'come on Daddy, come blow bubbles too.' Daddy come sit 'side S'ia. Move over Mumma so Daddy can sit. We take turns with bubbles. Daddys turn, Mummas turn, S'ia turn, Maizie turn. Oh, Maizie can't blow bubbles, she too small. That's silly" and then she feeling into giggles. Oh how I love those giggles! She has the most infectious giggles.

Sofia has a great memory too. When we drive past places she's been she tells us. Last week we went to a friends birthday party at the McDonalds down the road from us. The following conversation happened on Saturday and again on Sunday...

Sofia~ Look Jesse birthday party. 'Member?
Daddy ~ Yes, that was fun.
Sofia ~ Member Mumma? That was lots of fun, hey?
Mummy ~ Yes, we went there for Jesses' birthday. That was lots of fun. That's McDonalds.
Sofia ~ Old McDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O
Daddy ~ Sofia, you're adorable
Sofia ~ No, I not adorable I just S'ia!

She continued to sing all the way home while Grant & I laughed. On Sunday we laughed even harder! We drove passed the McDonalds 6 times this weekend and every time we talked about Jesses birthday party.

She also does it with things that people have given her. I think she can pick out any book on her bookshelf and tell you who gave it to her, and she's the same with her clothes and toys. This morning I put a fleece on her and she said "Magra gave that to you. Thank you Magra Mmm cozy"

Sofia has one more month of daycare and then she will be staying home with Maizie and I. I am so torn. I can't wait to have her home with me but she loves daycare so much it's going to be so hard to tell her she can't go anymore. I really hope that I can provide enough fun and activities for her and she enjoys staying home with me and isn't too sad.

1 comment:

HomoHausfrau said...

That is too precious!

It sounds like Sophia is quite the smarty pants!