Yesterday was Grants birthday. It was low key but good. (Pictures to follow when I can get my computer to cooperate.) Next year will be a big celebration as my husband joins me in the 30s' club.
Yesterday was also a day of good news for both Grant and I. Grant was given a job site to report to on Monday morning and I was informed that I was the successful applicant for my job! Long story about my job but the union decided it needed to be reclassified and so it got posted, initially I was not the most senior applicant and I had to wait for it to be offered (and turned down) by two other people before it was offered to me. Grants last day of school was yesterday and he is now certified to work in BC! Congrats Handsome!!! Today he is writing a big exam that will allow him to be certified in Canada (or at least that's my understanding). Quite a few job sites around town have been shutting down and Grant knows of a few guys that have been laid off in the last 5 months. We were very hopeful that when his school term was over Grant would be able to go back to the company he had worked with before. Luck was on our side and he starts back to work on Monday!
2 comments:
Good news about the jobs. How did the exam go.
You both are doing well at juggling everything that has gone on in your lives this past month. We are proud of you both.
That must have been such a stressful time for you both wondering what was going to happen with both of your jobs. I'm glad that things have worked out well.
Courtney
Post a Comment