I'm pretty sure that I'm in denial about the fact my youngest daughter, my baby, is 2 years old already. Three days before her birthday someone asked me how old she was and I responded, "She's 23 months not quite 2." All normal people would have said "2". I'm working on it. I'm now able to say "She just turned 2."
Solveig is so much fun right now. She constantly surprises me with thoughtful comments and goofy antics. Yesterday after we picked up Sofia from school Solveig said "Dofia you have good day at school? What did you do? Tell us." Today Maizie helped her by getting her a soccer ball and Solveig said "Help you big sister Maizie." with this funny little accent that cracks me up daily. 'May-zay' Solveig is watching me all the time but watching her big sisters even closer. She loves to read books and do puzzles. She gets into her fair share of trouble that usually involves her colouring on something illegal (herself, my rug, the table). She has learned to stand up for herself and what she believes in. She has stormed away from me on more than one occasion stating "I'm mad at you!" and she's also told me "You hurt my feelings."
This little person amazes me. In the middle of the night when she crawls into my bed I feel two hands on my cheeks and the words "kiss mumma kiss" just before I feel two little lips squish into mine. Time is moving too fast but I thank the universe every day for my sweet Solveig.
No comments:
Post a Comment