Tomorrow is Sofias first day of kindergarten. Last Friday she and I went for an hour to meet her teacher and explore her classroom. On Monday she went for 3 hours in the morning and today for 2 hours in the afternoon. Tomorrow it's game on.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't crying while I typed this. My baby that I waited so long for has grown up and is part of the world now. She doesn't belong just to Grant and I now she is part of a class and a school. She's gonna learn things I don't know and she's gonna make friends I don't know. She's so ready for this but I'm not. I am going to miss her so much. An hour before school and a few hours after (on the days I don't work) don't seem like enough. I'm not ready but I'll never be ready and I know it only gets harder from here… so tomorrow morning I'll put on my biggest brightest smile and hug her extra hard and say "Have a great day Bean"

1 comment:
awwww - you made me all teary! :) Sofia will do GREAT at kindergarten, and mumma will be okay. Time just goes so fast, doesn't it?! Owen just started his first unparented music class and he doesn't even look back when I leave.... :(
Post a Comment