Sunday, 12 February 2012

Man alive!

This child was sent here to test me. Seriously the average 11 month old isn't even walking yet… Solveig won't even be 11 months for another week! At the beginning of the week I caught her standing on the stool trying to reach on the counter. Today she climbed 4 rungs of the ladder unassisted. She fell twice but it didn't slow her down. Infact I'm sure the falls spurred her on. The first time she fell she fell sideways off the second rung. She cried in a way I've never heard before, it was a frustrated sound. While I was holding her trying to comfort her she was pushing me away so I put her down. She went straight back to the ladder and climbed 4 rungs quickly. The second fall was straight down, her arms got tired and she slid down 5 rungs. No crying no fuss but she climbed straight back up.

The frustration reminds me of Maizie falling down the stairs about the same age. She didn't want to be comforted. She wanted to prove that she could do what she had been trying.

I'm not sure what to do about Solveig climbing Sofias ladder. It presents all kinda of problems. I will however be thankful that the universe blessed us with such determined, confident, & stubborn girls.

4 comments:

Auntie Tracy said...

I meant to tell you when I was trying to put all of the girls to bed I thought I would close the door and let Sol play on the floor while I read to Maizie.... only to find her what seemed to be half way up Sofias ladder! Needless to say you are very right it would present all kinds of problems, especially if one person has to put all the girls down at once! Good luck with your little climber!

Mom said...

STUBBORN, sounds like her mumma!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness you have determined daughters! :) I can't believe your youngest is climbing ladders!!! wowzers! Perhaps she has a career in stunts ahead of her?! :)

Nikki said...

Gee I'm not sure where Sol would get that absolute, "I can do it myself!" determination from. ;)