Monday, 21 February 2011

Skating!


Grant had taken the girls skating early this winter in November on one of my first days back at work.  Ever since Sofia has been asking to go again.  We decided to round out my Dads visit here with it!  I am thankful for growing up and learning such life long skills as swimming, skiing, and skating.  Although I may not participate in these activities often it's nice to know that when I want to, I can.  It's also nice to be married to a person who can do all these same activities.  I'm looking forward to the years ahead of us and teaching all the kids the activities that I found so much fun when I was young.  ( I am also thankful that my mother and father are able to participate too.  The last time we were all in skates was when Sofia was 1.5.  That was a fun afternoon! and the picture is happily displayed in my living room.)

Maizie got to trying skating for the first time in some bob-skates.  I wish I had seen her but I'll have to wait until next year.  I was hoping to go but when it came time to get off the couch and strap on the skates I got nervous (and tired!).

Thanks Dad for a wonderful visit.  We all really enjoyed you being here.  Sofia has started keeping a list of the things she wants to do with you when you come back!

3 comments:

Proudmama said...

They look so big! Skating is so fun! I bet that your dad had so much fun with the girls, looks like a great grandpa

Courtney

Katie said...

so fun! Did you rent Maizie's skates or buy them? I'd love to try taking Owen sometime...

mom said...

Has Sofia started a list of things to do with her Magra? I am bringing my swimsuit