Thursday, 11 November 2010

3.5 years old!

Today my oldest is 3.5 years old.  It's so amazing watching her grow and learn.  Today I got her to help me make mini muffins.  She really did a great job.  I have a long way to go in the patiences department but I did really good too.  I seem to have developed a belief from some where that my way is the right way and I have trouble letting things go.  I also have realized that although I could do something 20 times quicker by myself the smile and joy on my daughters face is so worth me biting my tongue!  I'm looking forward to a long winter of having Sofia help me in the kitchen.



Grant and Maizie went to the store this afternoon to buy half a cake for Sofia.  After a very interesting version of "Half-y Birthday to You" sung by Daddy, Sofia serenaded us with "Happy Birthday to me".

2 comments:

Auntie Tracy said...

I love love love the baking pictures!
Sofia looks so grown up its scary!
Looks like it was a great moment :)

Mom said...

I agree with Tracy, Sofia does look so grown up. Maybe the next time we are together, Sofia and I could do some baking. By that time Maizie will be helping!