Thursday, 15 October 2009

Making soup

Sofia wants to help with everything, we try as much as possible to let her. On Tuesday I made soup for dinner so I let her help me. She added all the ingredients to the pot and stirred it too.
(Sofia is standing on a stool. She's tall, but not that tall yet)
I have learned that letting a 2 year old help you cook takes extra prep time, patiences, and extra clean up time. However, the smile on her face is worth all of it. Sofia was so excited that she got to help Mummy make dinner.

Sofia has also started feeding the cat and the dog. She calls it her job. For the most part I am really enjoying having a little helper. It is a bit harder to stay a step ahead of her though, you just never know what she is going to do next.

3 comments:

The Hattons... said...

I remember when Mikiyas started helping the kitchen.... with EVERYTHING! You're right. Lots more patience and prep time. He loved baking the most. Then washing dishes which usually meant my kitchen got washed too. :) Have fun!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

I just love her little apron. Why don't they make cute aprons like that for grown-ups??? :)

Danielle said...

CUTE!! Zia is also becoming quite the helper. Everything has become "ZIA DOOOOO IT!"