Thursday, 12 April 2007

Getting Started

Grant and I have shared many adventures over the last 7 years. Driving from Victoria to London (and back), exploring Sunshine Village, buying a house. But the adventure that we are about to embark on will be the biggest yet, we are adding to our family!!

We started discussing adoption in January. I have been doing some searches online, I have found some great resources and met some great people. A couple of weeks ago Grant went to an information session held by a local agency and came home with lots of papers to look through and an application.




We looked through all the papers and made our decision; CHOICES would be our agency. They specialize in adoptions from China, Nepal, and Russia. We have heard great things about them and we feel very lucky that they are just downtown!



So earlier this week we filled out our application and decided it was time. I took the paper work down to the agency and got the ball rolling!




We are not sure how long this process could take. We do know that our homestudy will take 3 months. After that it's dependant on a lot of factors so there's no prediction. We are hoping that some time next year we'll be travelling to a far off country and bringing back a new Dybdal.

For now though, the adventure is just beginning.... So we'll crank up the music, keep the camera close at hand, and see where this road goes!

3 comments:

Maritza said...

I am very excited for you both...you will be great parents..I got the questionaire from the agency on Friday and will have it in the mail on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this big step that the two of you are embarking on. We send all our love and wish you all the best. The thought of being grandparents - priceless

Anonymous said...

As a future granddad, I couldn't be prouder of the two. I am also available for dog and cat sitting after May 1st.